BPA Insurance Agency


The Claims process is not the most popular part of insurance coverage.  While the majority of our customers have had a positive claim eperience, we realize that the unknown and past experiences weigh heavily on our customers.  Our agency is here to help.  We do not simply write your coverage and then leave you on your own.  While we cannot make the final claim decisions, we can help in getting you to the right people and completing the right forms.  This will assist the process and stress during the claim experience.  We can work to make sure you are getting a timely response and who to call when you need assistance.  Our expertise and partnerships with the companies can make it your experience smooth and a win-win for everyone.

If you need to file a claim here are a few helpful hints:

What to Do if There is an Accident
Immediately stop at the scene.

  • Call 911 if there are injuries.
  • Call the police. 
  • Obtain names, addresses, telephone numbers, and driver's license(s) and vehicle registration(s) to verify that the information is accurate
  • Obtain license plate and vehicle identification numbers.  Ask to see the driver's license and vehicle registration to verify the information is correct.
  • Obtain names, addresses, and telephone numbers of othe passengers and any witnesses.
  • If you have a camera, take photographs of the damage, the position of the cars, adn the accident scene (e.g., traffic controls, visual obstacles).
  • If the owner of a damaged car or damaged property cannot be located, leave a note with the names and addresses of the driver and owners of the involved cars.
  • Notify your agent and/or your insurance company immediately.

What to Do After a Homeowners Loss
Protect the Property
One of the most important things to do after a property loss is make temporary repairs to prevent further damage.  Do your best to protect your property by covering damage in roof, walls, doors, and windows with plastic sheeting or plywood.  Homeowners insurance policies may nto cover ensuing damage to your property if you have not taken reasonable steps to secure the property from subsequent damage.  Be careful not to risk your own safety when making
the repairs.

Your insurance company will reimburse you for all reasonable costs to protect your property, as long as you save receipts for any materials you buy.  Beware of building contractors that encourage you to spend a lot of money on temporary repairs.  Remember that payments for temporary repairs are part of the total loss settlement.  Also, don't make extensive permanent repairs until after the claims adjuster has been to your home and assessed the damage.

Call your Insurance Agent or Company Represenative  -  After a property loss you must report the damage to your insurance company agent or representative to start the claim process.

Dealing with Your Insurance Adjuster
Your insurance company may send you a claim form, known as a "proof of loss" form, to complete.  Proof of loss is a formal statement made by a policy owner to an insurer regarding a loss.  It is intended to provide the insurer with information to determine the extent of its liability.

A claims adjuster, a person professionally trained to assess the damage to your property, may visit your home before you're asked to complete any forms.  The more information you have about your damaged home and belongings, the sooner your claim will be settled.  Your adjuster generally will come prepared to do a thorough and complete evaluation of the damage to your home.  If the adjuster is unable to complete a thorough inspection due to time constraints he/she may be forced to "score the loss."  This is a brief inspection of the damage with a second visit
necessary to complete the inspection. 

What May be Covered by Your Homeowners Policy

  • Additional Living Expenses
  • Personal Property
  • Dwelling
  • Water Damage
  • Replacement Cost versus Actual Cash Value
  • Personal Belongings

Claim Office Contacts

Travelers        1-800-252-4633
Progressive    1-800-876-5581
Hartford          1-877-781-1411
Kemper          1-888-252-2799
Safeco            1-800-332-3226
Hagerty          1-800-922-4050

Website Builder